Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!!!! We are currently riding in the truck heading down to Prescott.AZ to rope tomorrow. We left Greeley this afternoon as soon as Clint and RJ got through at the Short Round, RJ missed and Clint won 3rd. It’s a pretty decent little jaunt down here, about 14 hours! So we’ll drive all night and get there sometime tomorrow, then as soon as we get through roping there we’ll head out again for Calgary, AB. That trip will be a little longer as it is 1550 miles up there..Hello 24 hour drive. We do have to make a small pit stop in Spanish fork, UT and pick up the horses, Clint’s rig; Robyn and “Pepto”, my pink bike, my sis Al named it. Were pretty excited to get up there to Canada and bring home that 100K.
Anyway I’m sure yall have been wondering what me and H have been up to by ourselves out there in Greeley. I can tell you for sure we stayed as far away from those dang carneys as possible. I did feel a little bad because I had to keep telling H they broke down, but I’m sure yall know you can’t get anything by that kid. He did find a pretty decent size sand pile that kept us busy most of the day, until the daily rain showers forced us back into the trailer. We also found us a Corn on the Cob stand that had awesome BBQ and corn, H will be poopin corn for a week as much as he ate. Friday night Kid Rock was in concert so we sat outside in the lawn chairs and enjoyed the music, from a safe distance of course. H was pretty disappointed because they didn’t have a fireworks show afterwards. Before bed that night H needed a snack so he got him some spaghetti “o’s” down and went to town. He didn’t quite finish the bowl off before he got into bed and accidently knocked a bottle of Gatorade down. It hit that bowl right on the side and catapulted it into the air; spaghetti “o’s” went flying all over me, my computer and the couch. H looked at me and said “OOPS!!” The night before I let H break out a couple of his sparklers so maybe he’d quit buggin us so much, but in rolled the Firework Patrol a.k.a security guards on a golf cart and busted H’s bubble. They told him sparklers were too dangerous on the rodeo grounds, guess they didn’t realize H got the Pyro-fireworks gene from the Orf side. He was ticked to say the least!! This morning as we were waiting for the guys to get back from the airport we were hanging under the nose of the trailer sittin in the shade and roping the dummy. H decided he’d start swinging the light connector that hooks up to the truck (it’s a big black socket with 3 hooks on it) anyway he swung it right for my forehead and sure enough I didn’t see it coming, I swear I almost passed out. It hit me dead in the forehead and left a knot. I cried and H wondered why hahah. What a week!! After swimming in the buckets, scoopin poop, taking care of RJ’s horse, and making sand cakes all week we are plum wore out and glad to have to guys back with us. We are sad we had to miss all the Fourth of July celebrations, especially Grand D and Papa John’s house and some of Big Granny’s Peach Cobbler. We love you all…..and are thankful we live in a country where we can do what we love!! God Bless America!!!!
Until next time…..Hunter, Ashley, Houston and RJ

1 comment:

  1. The adventures of H are too funny. We miss you guys. Love you!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete